Monday, May 22, 2006

Artist Review: MidnightFury



Art Gallery
Writing Gallery
MLP Gallery: Can’t give it out. DA Note her art gallery for it.

Midnightfury has been one of my best friends for over a year now, so I figured why not write up a nice review of her art? Well, here we go!

Midnightfury is what I consider a very popular anthro artist (Seeing as how she has over 30,000 page views on her DA Account. I struggled just to get 2,000 on my MarzipanHomestar one, gah!), but that’s not all she draws. She also has great My Little Pony artwork, and is very skillful in both traditional and digital mediums. Not only that, but she’s an excellent writer.

All this and no “professional” art training classes at all. Yes, she’s progressed from crayon drawings to lovely colored pencils and Open Canvas pictures. The thing I like best of her characters is the anatomy. I don’t care if she says she messes up. This girl gets it right everytime.

I enjoy her fantasy writings, too. I recommend you reading her short story Dark Delusions (Unless you’re really young or can’t take adult situations well; Also, her site with it is dead, so I can’t give you a link. :( ). It is based in the world of Furcadia (www.furcadia.com), a world where furres live happily, well most of them do. An evil Lord threatens to take over the land, and Mephis is the only one who can stop it. I won’t give out any other than that, but the story has many unique characters, and I would send her a DA note and ask her to give it to you. Once again, it’s not recommended for small children or people with sensitive stomachs.

My most favorite character of all of hers, besides her fursona, is Macy. I’m not really sure why I do, but I like her the most because of her innocence child-like look to her. No that doesn’t make me a child molester. >:( As of writing this, I don’t know much of Macy.

Her commission prices are fairly cheap compared to someone like Ulario. Her commission info is in a link of her DA journal. If I had the money on me, I would defiantly buy one right away.

I also like her personality. She’s sweet and very kind, now matter what The Horde says of her. (“The Horde” is a nickname which MF gave a bunch of trolls.) She even had the kindness to draw something for me for free (which was originally going to be a commission) and sent it to me, along with a letter of thanks since I sent her a mattress. Her family was effected by Katrina, but I don’t want to go off topic here.

Overall, I highly recommend checking her gallery out. It’s really worth a view!

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MidnightFury is an awesome artist. She's a wonderful person who's art reflects the kindness in her soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home